Monday, June 02, 2008

Father's Day freebie project.

Hello! My freebie this week is a little different. Ray, you can just skip this post as it will be a Father's Day spoiler for you. Yeah right.

So, I found this great mini album idea on Splitcoast stampers mini photo book tutorial. I thought it would be a GREAT Father's day and I could easily turn it into a hybrid project. So... that's what I did. Here is my finished album (not all pages are shown as I'm sure Ray is still reading- Hi Ray!).

credits: papers Tabby Lewis Desings, AGE_foil bracket ES, Marialafrance violetfemme freebie, JS_JournalingBlocks, hello tag black by LuAnn Spang aka wildblueeyez at ES.

It 's a Great little album. Ray did think the original size from splitcoast was a little small. So, I just printed my pages out to be 3.25 x 5.25 (a little larger) than the original. I used the photo book page (the download template) and masked my pictures and decorated a bit in PSEw tih ords and such. I think opened a blank 8.5 x11 doc and drug it on there, I did that 10 times (this makes my 5 pages front/back). You can do 4, but don't do more than the 5 pages as the eyelet then gets kinda "full". So I printed them out, then stuck them back to back to make my 5 pages. I rounded the corner (on half do the upper left, the other half do the upper right) and laminated them. I then used the outside template to create my "wallet or holder". The lines on the template are your score lines. I did print mine out with the score lines on there and it's fine. Print it, score, laminate, and then fold on score lines. For assembly of this I think it's easiest to go directly to the tutorial at splitcoast b/c they did a great job. So, have fun and good luck! It's really very easy.

Here are the templates I made and used (again, I printed mine out at 3.25x5.25 and then the wallet I set the width at 7 inches and the height then was like 8.33).

Cover and inside page - use either 8 or 10 depending if you want 4 or 5 pages.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today.

kicksmom said...

What an awesome idea. Thank you for the template and sharing your tips for putting it together.