Saturday, March 14, 2009

Aliens in France

Did you know? I didn't.
On a recent trip to swimming, the kids were talking and I overheard them discussing aliens.... I said, "you know there is not any proven life anywhere except on Earth- that means no aliens". The kids all argued with me.
"yes there are!" Kids
"um, no, there aren't" Me
"Well, not in this life, but in France there are". Blake
???? What????
"um, what?" Me
"Hailey read it to me in the newspaper" Blake
"since when do you read the newspaper Hailey? And where did you read that?" Me
"I read it on the newspaper in the frame" Hailey
????
"the one in the stairs" Hailey
"I have no idea what you are talking about" Me
Exasperated sighs of my lack of knowledge from the back of the van.

Later,
I run to the stairs to find out WHAT they are talking about. We have 2 framed newspapers from WWII and I am scanning them.... Aha!!
And the headline of the second reads:
Allies in France.

I was laughing so hard I almost cried.
This is how rumors get started

1 comment:

CT said...

Aliens in France? What? Oh well, that explains a lot! Always knew there was something strange about those French...