Saturday, July 10, 2010

How does your garden grow?

GREAT!
I am LOVING my garden this year! 
  garden
  Look at my corn.  We’ll see how that turns out soon…
Up close:
Corn and beans, and on the far fence there are 2 surprise tomato plants and a new spinach thing.  Very interesting plant that grows spinach all season long on a vine.
garden2
And in the second row the lettuce, broccoli, and cauliflower are done now so zucchini is now there.  Some bigger plants in the foreground, and younger ones on the left there.  The asparagus is way against the fence… going to need more of it next year or none.
garden3
From the other side I have Roma tomatoes, a big boy, peppers, and some kind of melon there in the foreground.  I forget what.  It'll be a fun surprise!garden1
And the kids fav:
Blackberries!!  Well, technically right now they are more red berries, but they are definitely coming along nicely.  I’ve got 3 more plants on a trellis thing behind me that I started this year.  Soon, I’ll have a pick your own blackberry place.blackberriesblackberries2
No, not really, we LOVE our blackberries and are not giving them up.

No comments: