Tuesday, January 25, 2011

skiing

I want to take the kids skiiing, but I cringe at spending $$ when they’ve never been.  What if they hate it?  What if they’re horrible at it?  What if it’s too cold?  What if they’re toes are freezing off?  I know the complaints- I used them.  So, we decided to give them a taste at home. 

Our OLD skis, freshly polished with wax, er,  Endust furniture polish – it actually works!!  In case you run out of ski wax in your home…

IMG_2499

Yes, this is Blake.  and yes, that’s Opa’s old glove on his one arm b/c his gloves won’t fit over the cast.  And yes I let him ski down a 5 ‘ incline with a broken arm.   Please don’t judge me on that alone. 

IMG_2501

Look at him go! 

IMG_2506

The best way back up the hill?  Opalator!! You just sit back and grin.

IMG_2511

Look at that stance.  And that HUGE glove!!  You know what he reminds me of?  A crab.  One of those fiddler crabs with the one large claw to defend himself. 

And Hailey had a go too. 

IMG_2517

IMG_2520

Getting some tips before braving the slight incline on skis.  She didn’t’ have that huge claw to protect herself with you know.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Love it! Your kids are so brave!